Blog Archive

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Google Maps Mania hits the road!

The next few weeks on Google Maps Mania will be a bit different than normal. I'm taking a short break from posting my daily roundup of Google Maps mashups, news and tools and instead I'll be using them! I'm traveling for my job (with a short vacation along the way), and while I'm doing this I thought it would fun to bring you along with me. For my round-the-world journey I'll be making use of as many of the Google Maps mashups that I've reported on over the past several months to detail my trip and show you pictures along the way. It should be fun and I hope you'll find it interesting to follow along. Don't worry, I'll be resuming my normal posts after March 28th, so if you have mashups you'd like to submit, please continue to post a comment or drop me a line.

I've started my Trip-Map over on Wayfaring.com:

This map will include map-note pins and waypoints for every leg of my trip. I'll also be using other Google Maps mashups and tools to display tagged photos so you can see where I am and what I'm up to.

There isn't a whole lot to tell you about at this point other than the fact that I'm still at home, due to depart in approximately 5 hours. I'll post my next update when I reach my destination, a day and half from now.

Hope you enjoy the trip! Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts