Blog Archive

Monday, April 25, 2005

Google Maps "collections" start to evolve

Here is a Google Maps influenced site which incorporates the New York City Subway system overlaid on the Google map of New York City. See my previous post referring to the blog that gives you instructions on making your own transit system map.

I'm starting to see that we are very quickly gathering "collections" influenced by Google Maps. Google Sightseeing and others like it are starting to build collections of "views", attainable straight from the satellite feature of Google Maps. We're also seeing the rise of Google Maps hacks like the NYC and Chicago transit maps, as well as the Craigslist-Google Maps housing sites. Other collections of tools to make use of the "hackability" of Google Maps are also starting to crop up.

I'll do my best in the next week to start to organize these evolving "collections" from my links list. Stay tuned.

NYC link found [via]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts